Standalone Portal (no DataStore or ArcGIS Hosting Server)?

Jump to solution
01-29-2021 11:02 AM
Labels (1)
JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Hi All,

I'm curious if deploying a standalone instance of Portal for ArcGIS (no DataStore or ArcGIS Hosting Server) is supported by Esri.  The scenario in which this would be useful is an organization that wants to configure Web Maps / Scene / Apps based on publicly available map services (or an existing in-house ArcGIS Server).  I can't see any reason why this would not work.  I know much of Portal's capabilities will not be available in this scenario, but it could be useful.

Thanks!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III
Yes this is possible (and supported), I have deployed several stand-alone portals that I then established Collaborations back to my production systems to better support a N-Tier security architecture.

You just need to remember that the typical ESRI support call expects you to have the "FULL STACK" architecture; the more you get to a distributed/enterprise architecture the more complex support can become dealing with them.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III
Yes this is possible (and supported), I have deployed several stand-alone portals that I then established Collaborations back to my production systems to better support a N-Tier security architecture.

You just need to remember that the typical ESRI support call expects you to have the "FULL STACK" architecture; the more you get to a distributed/enterprise architecture the more complex support can become dealing with them.

JonSwoveland
Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the confirmation!