Scene Service - Failed to load data into service explorer

09-26-2023 02:26 AM
lorenzoz
New Contributor III

Hi,

I've published a Building Scene Layer on my Portal and right after it's published it can be correctly inserted in a Scene Viewer and used in the Service explorer widget.

After some time (usually weeks) the service stops working and it can't be viewed in the scene nor in the widget (image #1)

lorenzoz_0-1695719813113.png

The first time it happened I found out there was a certificate problem and I solved it by updating the certificate on the data store. But then the problem occurred again two times and I didn't understand the reason.

Both times I solved it by using the "Rebuild Cache" options in the layer settings (Image #2), but I don't understand why the layer "breaks" and why do I need to rebuild the cache. I think in some time the problem will occur again...

lorenzoz_1-1695720054281.png

May be a Data store issue? Everything seems correctly set up in Server and Portal.

Any advice?

Thank you,

Lorenzo

2 Replies
EvelynHsu
New Contributor III

If you could view the layer in scene viewer previously, it means the cache has been built correctly in the data store. There should be no need to rebuild cache again.

Have you looked into server log to get the exact error messages when this happened? Was there any change in the server network before the incidents?

In my limited experience, when there is a change in network condition, it could cause the server to lose connection with the data store and gives the "unable to get the root node" error when trying to open the layer in scene viewer. Usually a restart of ArcGIS Server service (the windows service) would solve the problem.

0 Kudos
eyohanny
New Contributor

What ArcGIS Enterprise Version are you working on?

0 Kudos