Saving Classified Styles to use with Different Values

11-04-2010 03:07 PM
JamesPaull
New Contributor III
G'day,

I'm currently working on some flood model maps. Each map shows a raster data set classified into 8 categories. All of the flood maps need to use exactly the same colours to show the raster data however each classification has a different minimum and maximum value. ie:

Data set 1:
colour 1: 0.04 - 0.5
colour 2: x - x
colour 3: x - x
colour 4: x - x
colour 5: x - x
colour 6: x - x
colour 7: x - x
colour 8: 7 - 10.09

Data set 2:
colour 1: 0.02 - 0.5
colour 2: x - x
colour 3: x - x
colour 4: x - x
colour 5: x - x
colour 6: x - x
colour 7: x - x
colour 8: 7 - 15.08

So the middle classifications are all pre-defined, it's the minimum and maximum that I'm concerned with. When I try and import the colour scheme to use on another raster data set it automatically defines the maximum and minimum values as those of the original raster set, not the new one. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Also how do I create a colour ramp with exactly 8 colours, every time I try I have to use 13???
I'm trying to avoid having to manually apply individual colour values and classifications to every single data set.

Thanks,

James.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
BrandonRana
New Contributor
James,

Did you ever figure out the classification part of this question?

Thanks,

Brandon
0 Kudos
NicolletteLui
New Contributor
I am also wondering if you figured out the classification issue. I am having the same problem. I want to standardize my symbols for multiple layers but the respective data has different minimum values.
0 Kudos