Publish as feature layer not available

Jump to solution
05-08-2015 07:52 AM
JimO_Leary1
New Contributor

I have installed Portal for ArcGIS 10.2 on our network, have installed the SSL certificate, and configured the Web Adapter. I have also created user accounts with both Publisher and Administrator privileges. So far so good.

However, when I log in as one of those users, go to My Content and upload a shapefile, I do not get the "Publish this file as a feature layer" checkbox. If I upload the shapefile and then edit its properties, I do not see the Publish button. Thus I can't add any layers to a map.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jim,

You will need to Federate an ArcGIS Server site with your Portal and then Configure a Hosting Server in order to publish a zipped shapefile as a feature service.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Jim,

You will need to Federate an ArcGIS Server site with your Portal and then Configure a Hosting Server in order to publish a zipped shapefile as a feature service.

JimO_Leary1
New Contributor

Thanks for that answer, Jake. It worked for me.

0 Kudos
PabloIzquierdo1
New Contributor III

I'm trying this but I cannot change the server role, it says "Unable to load the ArcGIS Server backing stores and/or the ArcGIS Server license information." any idea why? can I do it from the Portal admin?

0 Kudos