Printing/Exporting an Index Grid created in the Data Frame Properties

Jump to solution
02-19-2013 04:27 PM
IanSullivan1
New Contributor II
GOAL: Print and/or Export map created in Map Layout view with the Index Grid created in the Data Frame Properties window.

STATUS: In map layout view, I have an 8x8 index grid along the entire border of my map. When I export the map as a PDF, the index grid TABS [along the top/bottom & side of map] do not export into the document. The index grid LINES do export into the PDF however.

REQUEST: Please direct me to any tools, resources, or export functions that will solve my 'missing index grid tabs' problem.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IanSullivan1
New Contributor II
Problem Solved: It appears that I accidentally extended/stretched/expanded the index grid beyond the boundary of the map layout.  I simply re-sized/reduced/shrank the index grid back down to witing the map boundary.  I now have the index grid tabs included in my exported map.

Thanks.

ArcGIS 10.0 (student version), Arc Info

I have attached the PDF version of the map. As you can see, the grid lines were included.

I created an 8x8 grid, like so:

___1 2 3 ...
A|
B|
C...

I will post a screenshot of my map layout and my grid components later today once I return to my computer. My ultimate goal is to include the index grid tabs around the border of my map so that when users refer to the data in parenthesis [within the legend] they can navigate to that feature quickly.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
IanSullivan1
New Contributor II
Problem Solved: It appears that I accidentally extended/stretched/expanded the index grid beyond the boundary of the map layout.  I simply re-sized/reduced/shrank the index grid back down to witing the map boundary.  I now have the index grid tabs included in my exported map.

Thanks.

ArcGIS 10.0 (student version), Arc Info

I have attached the PDF version of the map. As you can see, the grid lines were included.

I created an 8x8 grid, like so:

___1 2 3 ...
A|
B|
C...

I will post a screenshot of my map layout and my grid components later today once I return to my computer. My ultimate goal is to include the index grid tabs around the border of my map so that when users refer to the data in parenthesis [within the legend] they can navigate to that feature quickly.
0 Kudos