Portal Printing Failure

04-23-2015 01:20 PM
Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Hi everybody,

I'm having troubles in printing maps from Portal for ArcGIS. When I try to print the map,

The tool only prints the basemap (Even if it comes from my own server) but the feature layers doesn't appear in the results window

Any thoughts?

TKS

10 Replies
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Marco,

In the Portal Settings for Utility Services, what Print Service is referenced? Are the services that are not printing externally accessible, or at least accessible by the print service?

0 Kudos
Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Scott,

I´m using the Portal's default Print Service, I understand that all services in the same server (ArcGIS Server & Portal for ArcGIS are in the same server) are accessible by the Print Service but how can I test that?

I've tried the print tool today and I receive no image:

Now, not even the basemap is being printed

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Marco,

I would be interested in seeing what your web browser is sending in its print request to the default print service. Could you capture the traffic using Fiddler Web Debugger, Firebug for Firefox, or the Developer Tools for Chrome? What is the WebMapAsJSON parameter submitted?

Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Scott,

Thank you for your concern, this is the parameter you asked for:

Analyzing this, I've done some tests and I think I've realised what is causing the problem. In first place, the services are only printed if they use a basemap of the same projection, so if I try to print some services (which are in my own projection) with a basemap of the default projection, they wouldn't appear in the printed map. Also, if you call a layer from a service individually, it won't be printed in the result, I'm still trying to find the reason for that.

You have any idea how can I solve this??

0 Kudos
ScottPrindle
Esri Regular Contributor

Hey Marco,

Are you able to take the parameters from the screenshot you've shared and submit them to the Utility Print Service on that ArcGIS for Server? What is the result when you pass this same information to that print service?

Alternatively, are you able to create the same web map using the fully qualified domain name (ex. http://servername.esri.com:6080/arcgis/rest/services/SSigRA/AP_PresionesMinimasMaximasSimuladas/MapS...)? As you've noted, it is likely a problem with the custom projections for your operational layers. The above tests can help us remove other possible issues.

Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Scott,

When I take the JSON printing request to my ArcGIS for Server Utility Service, it prints OK although the projection problem persists with basemaps. The map gets the projection of the original basemap and even if you change it afterwards, the original projection is kept. The individual layers are printed with ArcGIS for Server's printing service only but not with Portal.

One additional question, when I try to set the server´s printing service as my portal printing service, the application is giving me this message:

I'm also posting this in another question!

Printing Service Server-Portal

0 Kudos
JeffJudycki
New Contributor

I have a similar problem with a federated Hosting server and portal 10.3. I am able to print a basemap but have no luck printing features.

0 Kudos
JeffJudycki
New Contributor

Strike that I can print out of Fire Fox yet no luck with IE 11.

0 Kudos
Marco_AlejandroBonilla
Occasional Contributor

Jeff,

Are you trying to print services or layers? In which projection are they?

MB

0 Kudos