Portal logging out when trying to edit settings

Jump to solution
06-05-2019 07:58 AM
MarkCooper5
Occasional Contributor II

Hi

We are using built in authentication in our portal and everytime any admins go to the 'Editi Settings' option in Organization, the account gets logged out of Portal.

Has anyone else experienced this and know how to resolve it?

Many thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarkCooper5

This was resolved via ESRI support. It looks like Anonymous Authentication needed to be enabled on IIS in for the whole ArcGIS item

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Two questions:

One -  can these admin users successfully log into the portal admin endpoint and navigate through it?

Two - When the users click edit settings and are logged out, does the machine name in the browsers URL change? 

I.E. before clicking edit settings url is HTTPS://machine.domain.com/portal

After clicking edit settings url is HTTPS://alias.domain.com/portal

Another piece of information that would be extremely helpful is what dev tools in to browser show. On chrome this will appear when you press F12. In dev tools we are interested in the output of the "network" tab.

After clicking Edit settings with Dev tools open, do you see any redirects? any failed url requests?

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked and the only thing that changes in the URL is the page (from organization.html to index.html)

I have looked at the network tab in chrome developer tools and the only reference to a redirect was the top item which referred to the sign out:

0 Kudos
MarkCooper5

This was resolved via ESRI support. It looks like Anonymous Authentication needed to be enabled on IIS in for the whole ArcGIS item

0 Kudos