Portal Log-In Timeout?

05-20-2019 01:56 PM
AmyRoust
Regular Contributor

Does anyone know if there is a setting in Portal that automatically logs out a user if they are inactive for a specified period of time? We're using Windows Active Directory for our users to log in.

4 Replies
MichaelSchoelen
Occasional Contributor III

The documentation has a helpful guide for setting this parameter. It might not "kick them off," but when they try to use the system it may re-prompt to sign-in. With Active Directory integration, you might not get this prompt, as the system might reach out behind the scenes to generate a new token.

EmilioTomeBlasco
New Contributor II

Good afternoon,

@MichaelSchoelen  I believe this documentation logs out the user from the portal regardless of whether the user is actively using the portal or not. I think, as it happens to me, the intention is to close the portal for a user who has been inactive in the portal for, let's say, 15 minutes. Is there any other parameter apart from the maximum token duration that affects this behavior?

0 Kudos
LanceKirby2
Occasional Contributor II

@EmilioTomeBlasco I was wondering if you had any luck with your issue? I'm looking to do the same and the maxTokenExpirationMinutes seems to only consider session time, not idle time.

LanceKirby2
Occasional Contributor II

I spoke to a product engineer at the UC and they confirmed this isn’t possible right now, but have it under consideration. He said there are too many places this would need to be implemented and is complicated. Didn’t seem like it would be anytime soon.

0 Kudos