Portal for ArcGIS WebAdaptor Configuration Error

05-06-2015 01:29 AM
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I am try to configure a webadaptor with my Portal for ArcGIS and I keep getting the error message below. Can anyone tell me why? Particularly because I have done it (WebAdaptor configuration) before and it (the Portal) worked for several months, until last week when it just stopped working. While trying to trouble shoot, I uninstalled the webAdaptor, then reinstalled, that is when i get the error message.

Lara

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
20 Replies
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hello Everyone,

Thank you all so much for trying to get to the bottom of my Portal problem.

I eventually got it up and running again last Friday. After a lot of trial and error, which included uninstalling and reinstalling the Web Adaptor, I finally decided to uninstall ArcGIS for Portal itself. I was very afraid that I would lose all my settings, etc, that I had painstakingly arrived at after 3 months of preparations. I prepared my mind to have to start from scratch after the re-installation, then I uninstalled. I re-installed, and on the create Initial Administrator Account page, by a stroke of luck, I decided to sign-in with my usual log-in details instead of creating the initial administrator account and Voila! my Portal was back up, Groups, My Organization, Gallery and all! Just as it was before it went wacko. I was ecstatic!

I still don't know what went wrong in the first place and fear it might happen again, but for now all is right with the world!

Thanks again!!!!!!

Lara