Portal for ArcGIS Legend Problem

04-14-2015 05:47 AM
OmolaraKareem1
New Contributor

I have a problem with my print legend in Portal for ArcGIS, please see attached. I know I am doing something wrong, right from the service creation but don't know what that could be. Can anyone help me?

Lara

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lara,

I'm not clear on where you are trying to print your web map from, is it the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer? an app built from Web AppBuilder? one of the templates? or a custom app?

Can you please elaborate?

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem
Occasional Contributor

Hi Derek,

Thanks for getting back to me on this issue. I am

trying to print my Web map through one of the templates available on Portal for ArcGIS. I also exeperience the same legend problem when i build an app with Web Appbuilder.

I would also appreciate your help on how to get the Print on the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer to behave the same way my print service behaves (with page layouts and all, i.e. Landscape, Portrait, jpeg, pdf, etc) in the templates and Web AppBuilder. For a long time I couldn't get the viewer to accept my print service url in the utility service settings edit because I did not have a secure print service i.e. https. I finally figured it out and i had my secure print service but still nothing changed in the the Print on the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer, the change only takes effect in the templates and apps built with the Web AppBuilder.

I hope I make some sense. I look forward to your response.

Lara

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Lara,

> I am trying to print my Web map through one of the templates available on Portal for ArcGIS. I also experience the same legend problem when i build an app with Web Appbuilder.

It's not clear to me what is causing the issue from the documentation you posted. Can you please capture the JSON communication in the web browser when you attempt to generate a print layout from Web AppBuilder? You can use something like FireBug in FireFox, Fiddler, etc.

> ... how to get the Print on the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer to behave the same way my print service behaves (with page layouts and all, i.e. Landscape, Portrait, jpeg, pdf, etc)

Enabling custom print layouts in the Portal for ArcGIS map viewer is currently not supported. This enhancement is under consideration for a future release. Please add your vote and comment on this idea on Ideas.ArcGIS.com:

Map Layouts in ArcGIS Online

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem1
New Contributor

It's not clear to me what is causing the issue from the documentation you posted. Can you please capture the JSON communication in the web browser when you attempt to generate a print layout from Web AppBuilder? You can use something like FireBug in FireFox, Fiddler, etc.

Hi Derek,

I apologize for being a pain. I did launch the firebug as you requested but I haven't got a clue what to capture for you. The most I know about JSON is its mention in 'Publishing additional services for printing'. I am not much of a developer and know very little about programming or scripts. I need more help.

Attached are screen prints of the firebug communication I saw.

Thank you for your assistance.

Lara

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Lara,

Unfortunately, the attachment you posted does not quite contain the JSON info I was looking for. At this point, I'm not sure what the source of the problem is, or if perhaps you've stumbled upon a software bug.

Please contact Esri Technical Support - they are best equipped to work with you to track down and isolate your issue.

Good luck,

0 Kudos
OmolaraKareem1
New Contributor

Thanks Derek. I appreciate you trying to get to the bottom of the issue. I will contact ESRI Technical Support as you have suggested.

Thanks again.

Lara

0 Kudos