Portal - Configurable App Templates - Installed

Jump to solution
07-01-2015 09:09 AM
BenGrod
Occasional Contributor III

When you install Portal for ArcGIS (10.3) should the complete set of configurable app templates be installed and accessible out of the box or does is require some configuration or additional installs? When I try to create a web app using a template I can see thumbnails and descriptions of all of the templates but when I choose a template I receive the below error. It seems like I may have missed something in the original install?

Configurable Web App Templates appear to be available

Working.jpg

Once selected the contents is inaccessible "404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable"

Configurable App Error.jpg

15 Replies
BenGrod

I'm still working through the issue with Esri Support, in fact yesterday I had a long desktop sharing session. The analyst couldn't find a solution and is elevating the ticket. I may know more this afternoon, will certainly share results with this thread.

BenGrod

FYI Esri has logged this issue as a Bug. They identified that other users have reported it and have an application team trying to resolve it.

BUG-000087735: An HTTP 404 error is returned when creating an application from Portal for ArcGIS 10.3.1 My Content page using a template.

GregoryMeyer
New Contributor III

Oh bummer.  Okay, thanks again!

0 Kudos
SvivaManager
Occasional Contributor II

I know this error - it appears only when you reach the templates screen through "my content".

It will work fine if you reach the templates screen through the map screen - Save a webmap, push the share button, choose to share it as an application and then you'll see the templates screen again and it will work fine.

I really hope ESRI found the solution already and planning on releasing a patch soon.. You don't need to be an expert to see that the URL of the webmap used inside a template is wrong when running it through "my content". They just forgot the "app" path in the URL. you can see it when using Fiddler.

GregoryMeyer
New Contributor III

Thanks Sviva, that works.    I can't believe I never approached it that way.  Thank you!

Greg

0 Kudos
JoeHershman
MVP Regular Contributor

Toda Sviva Manager​ that approach works.  Would be nice if the bug was fixed and you could follow the standard workflow, though.

Thanks,
-Joe
0 Kudos