Select to view content in your preferred language

Not Able to publish Feature classes getting undefined error when attempting to publish with shapefile

09-10-2022 12:01 AM
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Ok so I have an entire Base deployment up and running for ArcGIS enterprise. everything is running fine except when I try to upload a FGDB or shapefile to publish a feature service I just get an undefined error. 

When I go to Server manager I get the following logs. For some I can see I needed to start some services which I did, but that didn't resolve the issue. 

1. Instance of the service 'System/PublishingTools.GPServer' crashed. Please see if an error report was generated in 'D:\arcgis\arcgisserver\logs\XXXXXXX.DEV\errorreports'. To send an error report to Esri, compose an e-mail to ArcGISErrorReport@esri.com and attach the error report file
  2. Unable to process request. Service Utilities/OfflinePackaging/GPServer not startedRest

WARNING

Sep 10, 2022, 

Unable to process request. Service Utilities/PrintingTools/GPServer not startedRest

WARNING

Sep 10, 2022,

Service not started.Rest

WARNING

Sep 10, 2022, 

Service not started.Rest

SEVERE

Sep 10, 2022, 

Error processing request Service Utilities/Geometry/GeometryServer not startedRest

WARNINGSep 10, 2022Service not started.Res

Any help would be appreciated! Thank you.

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos
5 Replies
MCameron
Esri Contributor

Hi @DeorajRamsaran4 

I hope you are doing well. Could I ask for some additional details to help with identifying this issue:

• Are you trying to publish using ArcGIS Pro or ArcMap?
  • Are you publishing from your own machine or from the server machine where ArcGIS Enterprise is installed? 
  • Are you able to create a hosted Feature layer from ArcGIS Portal rather than via the desktop software? 
0 Kudos
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Thank you for the assist. I am not using Pro or arc map. I am trying to use a shapefile or file GDB that are both in zip folders. I am trying to publish in the portal by uploading the shapefile or file GDB directly into portal under  create new (see image below). So I am having issues publishing from the portal not from the desktop. Does that make sense? I have checked the connect to server and everything seems to be working fine I have 2 development environments and they are both doing the same thing on 2 different machines. So this leads me to believe I may have missed something in the install. However if I try to publish using a URL that is public it is fine. It only does this if I am trying to cerate a new layer by uploading shapefiles or GDB files and I have even tried using SD files and I get the same error.   

Thank you for trying to help.

DeorajRamsaran4_0-1663088209986.png

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos
DeorajRamsaran4
New Contributor III

Hey there wanted to clarify on my last comment. So everything is working as it should and all is connected as it should be however I have not tried publishing from Pro yet. I have only attempted publishing by uploading a shapefile, File GDB and SD file directly to portal I can upload the file itself, but if I try to publish and render it. I get this undefined error. I have tested all the apps and maps and creating items such as dashboards and they work just fine. I am able to use Urls from publicly available layers such as layers from my Organizations AGOL that is public and use them to create layers. But I cannot create Layers by uploading Any of those files mentioned. I know the files work as I uploaded them into AGOL and they all rendered without any issues. Hope this helps. I am going to try wiping the system and reinstalling it again after I totally remove all the install files, since I have done the installation a few times on the same machine I see from the article below the,” ArcGIS for Server is referencing an empty Python subkey. This can occur if a standalone Python installation occurred and was later removed. Uninstalling the standalone Python removes keys associated with the main Python hive but does not remove the main hive, which is empty because of the uninstall, and causes the error in the ArcGIS for Server logs.”

So I am going to try these items and see what happens. If anyone has some insight I am open to suggestions. I would rather know what the problem is before I try to move this to a production env. 

Thank you. 

Deoraj Ramsaran
0 Kudos
TroyBum72
Occasional Contributor

Hello.  Did this ever get resolved?  If so can someone share the solution?  We just began encountering this in the last 1 week or so, not an everyday workflow for us.  We get this dreaded super-useful error.  🙂   undefined.

TroyBumgardner1_0-1678223968424.png

CTalbot
New Contributor III

@TroyBum72 same issue here; the "undefined" error code is super unhelpful

Sincerely,
Christopher
0 Kudos