Select to view content in your preferred language

multi-machine site and Portal 11.3

2 weeks ago
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

We have a dev portal 11.1 that has a 2 system multi-machine site connected to it. Only one of the ArcGIS Servers show up in Portal > Organization > Settings > Server, but both servers are being accessed through the Web Adaptor. It has been working fine since I started on the portal. We just upgraded both the Portal and ArcGIS Servers to 11.3 and now the server that is not listed as a federated server is having authentication problems. When both servers are operational, users will get timeouts when trying to access the services from the rest endpoint. But if I turn off ArcGIS Server on the second server then everything works correctly.

I have looked online to try and find information on having a multi-machine site connected to a Portal, but I have not been able to find anything. Do you have any suggestions for how to get the second server from the multi-machine site to fully authenticate with Portal?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

does the web adaptor configuration page see both your ArcGIS server machines?

0 Kudos
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

When I configured the WebAdaptor it did list both ArcGIS Servers. 

0 Kudos
BillFox
MVP Frequent Contributor

maybe try removing the bad one from the site and rejoin it

0 Kudos
Pat_Gallagher
New Contributor III

Thanks for the suggestion, when I tried rejoining found that .NET support was not enabled on one machine which would not allow me to join the server. Fixed that and was able to join, will see if it helps with the issues I was having.

0 Kudos