Map Viewer (Beta) Symbolize Related Table

02-18-2022 03:55 AM
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

It's great that I can use an arcade expression to display related table information in a feature's pop-up.  Are there any plans, with Map Viewer (Beta) to be able to symbolize based on those values?

I have aa "Incident Report" point that has two related tables (one for investigation and one for repair).  I created arcade expressions to show "Investigation Date" and "Repair Date" in the Incident Report point's pop-up, but I need the ability to not show points on the map that have been investigated, to help keep the maps a little cleaner for our dispatchers.  I am working to have spatial views created of the point and investigation and the point and repair.

The only solution I've come up with so far is to create an arcade expression that removes the point from the map after a certain amount of time.  Even when it comes to adding the spatial joins to the map, it will just be points stacked on top of each other, which really isn't ideal either.

4 Replies
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately, the Symbology profile in Arcade is a bit limited, and can't access values in other tables like that.

Where's the data coming from? Any chance you can do a live attribute-based join?

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
JasonCyphers
Occasional Contributor III

I've tried, but either I'm not doing something correctly, or the system (ArcGIS Enterprise Portal 10.8.1) isn't configured correctly.

When I create the join, in Map Viewer Classic, I don't get the option to "Create Results as Hosted Feature Layer View", and the join is just a static view of when I created it.  Any related records that are added afterwards don't show in the join.

0 Kudos
mikAMD
by
Occasional Contributor II

I was able to do a join and save it as a view, however it took me a while to understand that this was only possible in map viewer classic and not map viewer (why??).

It's a good workaround but a real symbology from related table would be the best.

0 Kudos
jcarlson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Performing a join uses the analysis tools, things that only recently came over to the new map viewer, and which may not be feature complete compared to the classic one.

- Josh Carlson
Kendall County GIS
0 Kudos