Map Switch Confirmation - Portal for ArcGIS

06-26-2017 01:15 PM
MaxineMusterfrau
New Contributor II

Hello everybody,

I have the following problem in Portal for ArcGIS 10.5:

I've got a correct working and saved Web Map and an associated App. After I added new layers to the Web Map and press "save", I got the following message:

If I click "OK", all listed widgets will loose their configuration. But as you can see, the list of widgets I have to reconfigure is long and it will take some time to reconfigure the widgets.

I there a way to speed up the reconfiguration? Is it for example possible to export a single widget and import it after I edited and saved the Web Map?

I hope anyone has the same problem and can help me. Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Maxine

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Maxine,

Based on your screenshot, it looks like you're using Web AppBuilder for ArcGIS with Portal for ArcGIS. But I am not sure if you're using Web AppBuilder embedded within Portal or if you're using Developer Edition.

And the behavior you're describing is expected. It looks like you are authoring a new web map in the Web AppBuilder builder experience. The workflow for this is to typically author the web map, then configure your widgets.

> I've got a correct working and saved Web Map and an associated App. After I added new layers to the Web Map

Now you want to change the web map's content. While this is possible, you see the warning message below because depending on how you've changed the web map, this may affect how the widgets are configured.

> Is it for example possible to export a single widget and import it after I edited and saved the Web Map?

This is not supported, but you may want to look into exporting your web app configuration as a template - which could then be applied to a different web map. See this help topic,

Export as a template—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos