Making ArcGIS

12-04-2018 12:12 PM
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

We just federated our server to portal and we have some clients accessing our mapping services through arcgis desktop.  Now they cannot access the resources without being prompted for a password.   I've tried it too with my personal laptop and get the same issues.  I tried the fix that ArcGIS 10.6.1 provided in the help article  

Use ArcGIS Desktop with your portal—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise  and found that the only way I could access these services was by having to create an account for them.  Is that the case?  Is there any other way for some who wants to access our  webservices through ArcGIS desktop without having to create an account for them?

Thanks,

Andrew

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Andrew,

If you share the services with 'Everyone', this will not require the user to login to access the service.

0 Kudos
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

Yes I did,  it was one of the first things I did after we upgraded to Portal, went through my datasets and shared them with everyone

0 Kudos
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

I am still having the issue

0 Kudos
AndrewDolch2
New Contributor III

Update,  I found the solution of allowing anonymous access to the portal web adapter seems to be the solution but I am not certain how effective it will be with security.   I am currently testing that solution on our staging environment but it is looks more and more likely we're going to implement into production.

Andrew

0 Kudos
AnibalMmartinez
Occasional Contributor

Debes hacer publico, los servicios como comenta @Andrew_Dolch , si antes podían acceder era porque los tenias sin seguridad, al hacerlos publicos, en tu caso, volves a la situación anterior, no te cambia nada.

Saludos,

Anibal 

Telecom Argentina

0 Kudos