Is there an app template that is good for testing a geocoding service?

Jump to solution
09-01-2021 02:21 PM
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

I want users to test out a geocoding service. 

Right now I am using a basic viewer with a search widget, but it does not display the candidate dropdown until I hit enter, and even when it does, it does not act the same as in ArcGIS Pro. 

Is there another web app template that is better suited for this? 

Thanks in advance, 

Michael 

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if Suggest Operation is enabled in Service Editor (ArcGIS Server Manager)?

You can enable or disable this operation by accessing the Capabilities tab of the Service Editor in ArcGIS Server Manager.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ArcGIS Enterprise to test.

Think Location

View solution in original post

6 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

A geocode service must meet the following requirements to support the suggest operation:

• The address locator from which the geocode service was published must support suggestions. Only address locators created using ArcGIS 10.3 for Desktop and later can support suggestions. 
  • The geocode service must have the Suggest capability enabled. Only geocode services published using ArcGIS 10.3 for Server or later support the Suggest capability.

Search widget 

Think Location
0 Kudos
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

Jayanta helping me out again! hahaha. 

I remember in desktop there was always an "Enable suggestions" check box when creating locators, but I think in Pro that is just included by default: 

MichaelBouvet_0-1630534482484.pngMichaelBouvet_1-1630534524649.png

There's no where to enable suggestions; furthermore the properties of the locators seem to indicate they support suggestions by default: 

MichaelBouvet_2-1630534815116.png

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

According to Combine multiple locators into a composite locator - ArcGIS Pro 

• If the participating locators in a local composite locator are created using the Create Locator or Create Feature Locator tools, the composite locator returns suggestions from those locators in the Locate pane. Participating locators created with the Create Address Locator tool do not return suggestions by a composite locator that is stored in a file folder.

Think Location
0 Kudos
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

I am able to see suggestions pop up in the locate pane with locators I created in Pro, so I think it's safe to say that the problem is with the search widget and not the locators themselves. 

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Could you check if Suggest Operation is enabled in Service Editor (ArcGIS Server Manager)?

You can enable or disable this operation by accessing the Capabilities tab of the Service Editor in ArcGIS Server Manager.

Unfortunately, I don't have an ArcGIS Enterprise to test.

Think Location
MichaelBouvet
New Contributor III

You are awesome! That was it and now it works the way I want in the search bar thanks for being 2/2 today!