How to enable forum / blog on ArcGIS portal?

07-15-2018 05:45 PM
LawrenceLi2
New Contributor

Hi. Recently, my department wanted to make use of the portal to integrate wordpress or create forum so that members of the department can post/share/ask information to the whole department. Then, I came across with a documentation for Portal for ArcGIS which indicates the possibility. Is there anyone with experience or resource can share with me? Below is the documentation.

"Commercial—Enable forums, blogs, and sharing to social media."

Set advanced portal options—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

Thanks,

Lawrence

Tags (1)
4 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lawrence,

I realize this is an older post, but it appeared in my "recommended content" list of GeoNet threads while I was responding to another question, so I thought I would post a reply.

> ... my department wanted to make use of the portal to integrate wordpress or create forum so that members of the department can post/share/ask information to the whole department. Then, I came across with a documentation for Portal for ArcGIS which indicates the possibility. ...

"Commercial—Enable forums, blogs, and sharing to social media."

Set advanced portal options—Portal for ArcGIS (10.6) | ArcGIS Enterprise 

I can confirm that there is no discussion forum type capability within Portal for ArcGIS. The help documentation you reference above (red text) is an error and incorrect. Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Hope this helps,

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

We're going to be using Microsoft Teams since it integrates well with the other Microsoft products we use, but Slack is another great option.

AnibalMmartinez
Occasional Contributor

Gracias, nos pasa lo mismo, ¿saben si se puede integrar con YAMMER?, 

Saludos, 

Anibal

0 Kudos
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Anibal,

I'm not aware of any forum-like product being able to directly integrate with Portal. I'm not sure how that would work or look. Portal does allow you to enable comments on items, so that's one way of communicating among users directly in Portal. In my situation, Teams will just be a separate product users can use.