How to configure Portal For ArcGIS Email Sender

Jump to solution
12-02-2015 12:42 PM
Kevin_FernandoEscalera_Robles
New Contributor III

Hi everyone,

I just installed Portal For ArcGIS 10.3.1 and it has no configuration for the emails sent, as you may know, the email notifications are really necesarry for example when a user forgets its pasword and requests to be reset, an email is sent to him so he can reset the password, or may be when he or she is added to a group.

I have been looing in the documentation for Portal for ArcGIS looking for the places to configure this with no luck, could anyone please give me some guidance about this?.

P.S: I'm using built in acounts.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Portal for ArcGIS does NOT have the ability to send email notifications. This functionality is not part of the software, hence why there is no documentation on this topic.

The only notifications Portal includes is within Portal itself, when members request to join a group and when they have been added to a group. Members are notified the next time they login to Portal, but no emails are generated.

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Kevin,

Portal for ArcGIS does NOT have the ability to send email notifications. This functionality is not part of the software, hence why there is no documentation on this topic.

The only notifications Portal includes is within Portal itself, when members request to join a group and when they have been added to a group. Members are notified the next time they login to Portal, but no emails are generated.

Hope this helps,

MatthewRyan2
New Contributor III

Hi Derek, 

Our users are telling us that the reset password function tells them that they will receive an email. Same as the OP.

Why would the Portal for ArcGIS tell users they'll receive and email when it can't send an email?

How should they reset their password?

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable
0 Kudos