How Can One Remove A Legacy Web App Print Widget Menu Option?

02-14-2019 11:19 AM
Mark_Hotz
Occasional Contributor II

I'm having a slight issue with the Web App print widget menu drop down in Portal.  I created a TEST map to work on perfecting my print widget templates in ArcGIS Pro.  Now that I have it all working properly I deleted my TEST map template from my print widget templates folder and then from Portal.  However, even though the ArcGIS Pro project file no longer exists, nor does any trace of any reference to this one template, it still appears in my print widget menu selection drop down in Portal.  I suspect I may have simply incorrectly removed this particular print template.

So my question is, is there any other place where I may find an entry referring to this one template that I can delete?  This print widget menu tool must be referencing something somewhere for it to show up like this, but for the life of me I don't know where to look.  I cannot find any file or folder referencing this item anywhere on our server or in Portal.

Is there another place I can look?

Suggestions?  Thank you.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
FrédéricPRALLY
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

Maybe 2 ways to solve this issue:

1. Used a New Incognito Window and go to your Web App print widget menu drop down in Portal,

2. Restart PrintingTools service from ArcGIS Server Manager,

Hope his help you,

Regards,

Fred

0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Fred:

Thanks for the feedback...most appreciated.  I tried restarting the print service (that comes with Portal) and then the 12 print services that I have created (based on page size), but this didn't eliminate that one print service in the drop-down menu.  It's strange because that template or print service no longer exists anywhere I can see, so the Portal print widget must be grabbing that service name from a file somewhere that has yet to be edited.

I was hoping this "file" (if it does indeed exist) would be accessed through Portal Admin or Server Admin etc., but I'll keep searching.  The print service in question is not found in Server Manager either.

Thanks again

0 Kudos
FrédéricPRALLY
Esri Contributor

Hi Mark,

Maybe from your Portal URL go to Organization > Utility Services > Refresh Print Template list and delete the template name you want to clear.

Fred

0 Kudos
Mark_Hotz

Fred:

That was a great idea...I really thought it would work.  I checked the Utility Services in Portal and saw a couple of errors there: 1) the path for the print widget template was outdated, and 2) there was indeed a reference there to the TEST print widget template I want to remove.  So I corrected the template path and deleted the entry for the TEST print widget, and then refreshed everything (I even restarted the Portal and GIS Servers), but that one entry in the menu just won't go away, which is intriguing.

I'm now thinking what I did when I was building these templates is that at one point I inadvertently saved the TEST PAGX file as another PAGX file, so it is actually referencing a valid print template (i.e. there are now two map templates accessing the same PAGX file).  This "might" explain why it won't go away; however, I am at a bit of a loss on how to fix that if everything else has already been deleted.

Thanks for your help though...these were all excellent suggestions.  I am narrowing this down and I'm sure I will get to the bottom of this.  When I do I will certainly update this thread.

0 Kudos