Select to view content in your preferred language

Hosted Feature Layer Does not Publish All Records

04-27-2023 05:37 AM
Labels (2)
ZachBodenner
MVP Regular Contributor

Hello,

I have an ArcPro map that I've used to publish a referenced feature service from our EGDB. In addition to standard feature classes, the map also has SQL view layers joining a parcel dataset to a table view from a different piece of software. When I publish from this document to the Federated (10.8.1) server, everything behaves as expected.

I've recently been trying to use this service in a Dashboard, and come to the conclusion that it's simply too weighty as a referenced service. I decided to try publishing the exact same map document as a Hosted Feature Layer (greatly improved dashboard performance, BTW), but one of the layers that is a SQL view is missing some thousands of records. Other layers constructed the same way are fine, and as I mentioned, the publishing document is exactly the same, no definition queries added, etc. 

Is there anything that might cause a Hosted Feature Layer to drop features/records from a dataset?

0 Kudos
1 Reply
niam
by
New Contributor

My experience has been that creating a hosted feature service directly off of the EGDB connection is unstable and liable to miss records during the upload process.

Creating a (in my case, temporary) local copy of the table on-disk and uploading from that has been much more successful for me.

This is an older thread but I ran across it on Google so am leaving my solution here.

0 Kudos