flow symbol

10-21-2013 01:00 PM
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
can someone tell me how to draw the attached symbol. I am using for sewer line to flow the direction that I drew it. Thanks
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
NidhinKarthikeyan
Occasional Contributor III
Mike,

You can use "Arrow Right Middle" and "Water,Flow" symbol.

Regards,
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
"Water,Flow" symbol is in "Caves" Style References.
0 Kudos
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
I apologize for asking such a newbie question but how do I assign the water flow symbol to that line? I have always just used the std. symbols from the list.
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
Mike,

Follow the steps mentioned below:
-Add the Sewer Line Feature class in ArcMap
-Right click on Sewer Line feature class and open "Layer Properties"
-Select the "Symbology" tab
-Click on the symbol
-Click on "Style References" and scroll down and check "Caves" and hit "OK"
-Scroll down to select  "Water,Flow" symbol in "Symbol Selector"
- Select "Water,Flow" and hit "OK"

Hope this helps!

Regards,
0 Kudos
MikeHenson
Occasional Contributor
iv'e finally started using the water, flow symbol. Now a couple more questions. How do I make the symbol (arrow) bigger, and I would like to display the arrow at the middle of the line, and the end of the line. Any way to do that? Thanks
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
You can use "Line Decoration Editor" option to make the symbol bigger.
0 Kudos
BenLeslie1
I'm trying to do something similar except I want to create points at certain intervals along the line, then orientate the point to the line and if possible copy the orientation value into an attribute of the point.

I am using representations to orientate the point symbol to the line however I'm getting some unexpected results - see attached some symbols are at 180degrees to the others - how can I correct this?
[ATTACH=CONFIG]28739[/ATTACH]

And anyone know if it is possible to copy the rotation value into an attribute of the point - not sure where to start on that bit?
0 Kudos
NidhinKarthikeyan
The orientation of symbol is based on the direction you digitize the feature. If you digitize from left to right, the arrow will be pointing towards right.
0 Kudos
BenLeslie1
Thanks, maybe I misunderstand what you mean but I don't think that explains my problem because the line I have drawn is a single contiunous line and yet some of the points orientate at 180 degrees to one another.  Even looking at the underlying direction of each segment it doesn't seem to explain the discrepancy in the orientation.
0 Kudos