Enterprise Portal Log Missing / Empty

10-15-2019 12:58 PM
EmilyWiggans
New Contributor II

I'm having an issue with our Portal logs where nothing is showing up, despite having set the log level to "Verbose" - we originally were able to view queried portal logs. No matter what I do, I'm not seeing the logs online. .log files are being created on the server backend folder that we can see through Windows Explorer, but what would prompt the lack of logs showing up online? Third image - you can see at one point we were able to see them! The account I'm using has admin credentials and has always had admin credentials (no permissions change). 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Travis_Esri
Esri Contributor

Hello,

I would definitely recommend checking the permissions on the logs folder for the Portal for ArcGIS service account. You could also test changing the log location for Portal to a local drive on that machine to see if there is any difference in behavior. This behavior occurs across all browsers/machines?

Regards,

Travis

EmilyWiggans
New Contributor II

Hi Travis, thanks for the response. It occurs across several browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer) and machines for admin Portal users. I highly doubt permissions were changed on the log folder since our deployment, but I'll check into that. 

0 Kudos
SineKelly17
Esri Contributor

Hi Emily, were you ever able to resolve this issue?

0 Kudos
Trevor_Hart
Occasional Contributor

Ran into this today. After moving the logs directory to another directory nothing was showing. Running the Clean command from portaladmin seems to have fixed the issue.

So go to ...portal/portaladmin/logs/clean and execute the request

0 Kudos