Download and share web app externally for Developer

01-25-2021 06:11 PM
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

I created a Web App on Portal 10.7 with the embedded Web AppBuilder.  Is it possible to zip and package the app to share with someone not in my organization? (No portal access)  They would import it in Web App Builder Developer Edition to help customize widget code.

I downloaded the app from My Content on the Portal and they get this error when trying to install the zip file in Web App Builder Developer Edition:

“Error: Failed to import the app.  This app can only be imported by users of portal: organization address/portal”

Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thank you!

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Inside of ArcGIS Portal, when you go to the content item where you can select the View or Edit options there is also the "Download" option which will give you a Zip file.

0 Kudos
KellyKnapp35
New Contributor III

@DEWright_CA thanks for the reply.  That is what I did.  When the developer tried to install the zip file is when he got the error. I thought it would've embedded all the needed files to view as a standalone app.

0 Kudos
DEWright_CA
Occasional Contributor III

Ok, sorry my 10.8.1 download might be getting me more content than you are seeing in 10.7; I skipped that release due to reported instability and security issues.

0 Kudos