Select to view content in your preferred language

Domain Description not showing in web-map attribute table in ArcGIS Enterprise Portal

07-05-2022 06:38 PM
TechnoTai
Emerging Contributor

In ArcGIS Pro the coded domain values show the description, but when I publish/overwrite to the portal, the coded domain values show and not the domain description in the attribute table for all layers in the web map. I cannot figure out how to change it on Portal or why it's changing to the coded value instead of the description when published. The pop-up and the symbology show the description with no problem.  The feature layer is hosted through the ArcGIS Server Mgr.  Any insight appreciated

6 Replies
ElizabethLorenaRodriguez
Regular Contributor

Hi @TechnoTai 

What version of ArcGIS Enterprise do you have?

0 Kudos
TechnoTai
Emerging Contributor

I believe it is Portal for ArcGIS 10.6.1

0 Kudos
KristinJ
Occasional Contributor

I'm experiencing a similar issue with a feature service published to 10.9.1 standalone ArcGIS Server referencing SDE data (also 10.9.1) that I'm then consuming in AGOL; all of the codes display rather than the descriptions.  Is this expected behavior?  Is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing to display the descriptions?  Arcade works fine to adjust these in the map viewer for example, but Experience Builder Dev Ed widgets show the codes which is a deal breaker for me.  Any insights are much appreciated.

AlejandraArias
New Contributor

Were you able to fix it? I have the same issue in Portal and also AGOL map viewer with layers referenced from the server. The data tab shows the description, but when you reload it, it displays just the code.

0 Kudos
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Following this topis as well, since I'm experiencing the same issue on 11.1 enterprise version...

0 Kudos
LarsElmkær_Chwastek
Frequent Contributor

Ok I actually found the solution shortly herafter in an older post:

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-collector-questions/coded-values-show-up-not-description/td-p/3...

If you start an edit session, for instance make one entry and delete it again, the Feature Template updates the description. Then you publish or re-publish your service and the description is showing instead of the domain value when you edit in the feature layer in the Portal or Online 🙂

0 Kudos