Select to view content in your preferred language

Does Spatiotemporal Big Data Store Need to be at the Same Version as the Federated Portal Environment?

Jump to solution
07-07-2023 09:37 AM
Labels (1)
JenniferMoczygemba1
New Contributor II

We have configured our Big Data Store at 10.9.1 and registered it with our enterprise Portal/Hosting Server/DS, etc. also at 10.9.1. We have it talking to our unfederated GeoEvent Server also at 10.9.1 and it's working well. Question is, we want to use feature service webhooks, which seem to only be available at 11.x currently. Can we register our 10.9.1 BDS with an 11.1 enterprise Portal/Hosting Server so we can use service webhooks, or does the BDS "need" to be at 11.1, as well? I'm guessing our GeoEvent server might also need to be at 11.1 if so. Any input is appreciated. Early stages and don't want to waste time connecting 10.9.1 to 11.1 portal if it won't work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

For all federated ArcGIS Server sites / registered ArcGIS DataStores, it's a requirement to have them all be at the same version, except when preforming an upgrade. While it may technically work, again it's not recommended to have BDS be a different version than the Hosting Server it's connected with.

GeoEvent at 11.1 has a lot of great enhancements / bug fixes, so from a technical standpoint I would upgrade that as well, but you can leave it at 10.9.1 and it won't hurt the functionality of the system.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

For all federated ArcGIS Server sites / registered ArcGIS DataStores, it's a requirement to have them all be at the same version, except when preforming an upgrade. While it may technically work, again it's not recommended to have BDS be a different version than the Hosting Server it's connected with.

GeoEvent at 11.1 has a lot of great enhancements / bug fixes, so from a technical standpoint I would upgrade that as well, but you can leave it at 10.9.1 and it won't hurt the functionality of the system.