Default login behavior in Portal

Jump to solution
06-27-2019 05:54 AM
JeffMiller7
New Contributor II

Good morning all,

I am in the process of setting up my enterprise portal users and I'm curious if it is possible to modify the default login behavior.  As the admin, I have several groups configured within my Portal, and each user will be assigned to only one group.  Is it possible, when a user logs in to the Portal, for the default screen be the group page to which they are assigned?  I have discovered that you can default to the gallery, map, etc, but I see no option for groups for a viewer level user.  Any info would be most helpful.

Thanks!

Jeff Miller

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MarleyGeddes
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

In ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, we added the ability to configure a default "start page" when adding your members to your portal. The start page specified will open automatically for your users when they log in. You can specify the Groups page as a members "start page" but you cannot specify a particular Group.

Hope this helps,
Marley

View solution in original post

1 Reply
MarleyGeddes
Esri Contributor

Hi Jeff, 

In ArcGIS Enterprise 10.7, we added the ability to configure a default "start page" when adding your members to your portal. The start page specified will open automatically for your users when they log in. You can specify the Groups page as a members "start page" but you cannot specify a particular Group.

Hope this helps,
Marley