Select to view content in your preferred language

Configured Pop Up In Web Map Does Not Display In Web App Correctly

Jump to solution
01-04-2023 03:07 PM
Labels (1)
GarretGiordanoTOLE
New Contributor III

In Portal we are having an issue where when a text block is added to a pop-up on a layer it shows up correctly in the web map, but in the web app that is consuming the web map the pop up drops the fields block. If the text block is removed the field block displays in the web app.

I have attached screen grabs for reference.

We are running Enterprise 10.9.1. 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

What 'web app' are you using? ArcGIS Web AppBuilder?

The new Web Map Viewer uses ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x. Newer web mapping application builders leverage the 4.x API e.g. Experience builder, Operations Dashboard, ArcGIS Story Maps and ArcGIS Instant apps

The classic Web Map Viewer uses the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x. This includes ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, Story Maps Classic, Dashboard Classic and some configurable apps.

Web Mapping Applications leverage the ArcGIS API for JavaScript. I suspect that the functionality you are leveraging from the Map Viewer leverages the 4.x API and is not supported by the web mapping application, so gets dropped when translating back to the classic API.

More info here:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000026323

View solution in original post

berniejconnors
Regular Contributor
If you are using the Portal Map Viewer and a Web AppBuilder app try using Map Viewer Classic to configure the pop-up. Web AppBuilder apps are not compatible with all the formatting in the new Map Viewer.

Another option is to build the app with Experience Builder.

Bernie.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
ChristopherCounsell
MVP Regular Contributor

What 'web app' are you using? ArcGIS Web AppBuilder?

The new Web Map Viewer uses ArcGIS API for JavaScript 4.x. Newer web mapping application builders leverage the 4.x API e.g. Experience builder, Operations Dashboard, ArcGIS Story Maps and ArcGIS Instant apps

The classic Web Map Viewer uses the ArcGIS API for JavaScript 3.x. This includes ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, Story Maps Classic, Dashboard Classic and some configurable apps.

Web Mapping Applications leverage the ArcGIS API for JavaScript. I suspect that the functionality you are leveraging from the Map Viewer leverages the 4.x API and is not supported by the web mapping application, so gets dropped when translating back to the classic API.

More info here:

https://support.esri.com/en/technical-article/000026323

GarretGiordanoTOLE
New Contributor III

I will try using classic, thank you! This app is made in ArcGIS Web AppBuilder, unfortunately the newer applications are missing widgets that are requirements for us. Experience builder is way behind ArcGIS Web AppBuilder. 

0 Kudos
Kara_Lara
New Contributor III

I'm also having this issue, except it's a feature layer (not hosted in AGOL) & I'm using Map Viewer Classic & Web AppBuilder 2.18. Popups not enabling or configured correctly in the web app, even though I have them enabled & configured w/ field aliases etc in Map Viewer Classic- in which they also display correctly in this interface as well & these configurations are saved if I reopen the web map. This is real bad because my field names got truncated... Another side note is, one of my feature layer labels are displaying in Map Viewer Classic, but not showing in the Web App. This one has been an issue for yrs, so it should be unrelated to JavaScript updates for sure.

0 Kudos
berniejconnors
Regular Contributor
If you are using the Portal Map Viewer and a Web AppBuilder app try using Map Viewer Classic to configure the pop-up. Web AppBuilder apps are not compatible with all the formatting in the new Map Viewer.

Another option is to build the app with Experience Builder.

Bernie.
GarretGiordanoTOLE
New Contributor III

Thank you, I will try classic. Experience Builder is not an option for us due to missing widgets. 

0 Kudos