Configuration ArcGIS for Portal With ArcGIS Web Adaptor

01-14-2016 12:37 AM
GhofranSamir
New Contributor

i'm trying to configure ArcGIS for portal with ArcGIS web adaptor but i've two issues .

The first one is  my machine is a workgroup machine , and when i try to configure the Web Adaptor, it requires to specify the URL and an administrator account for my Portal, but always i get an error that Portal configuration requires fully qualified domain name in the Portal URL like the image below ..

2.png

Second one is i've created the initial administrator account for ArcGIS portal but when i try to sign in it always redirect me to same page , and seems that i'm not signed in , like the following image shows ..Untitled.png

any help pleaseeee ???

0 Kudos
7 Replies
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

GeoNet Community Structure You would be advised to find a more suitable location.  This place is for help on GeoNet.  Your question will languish unanswered much longer otherwise.

0 Kudos
GhofranSamir
New Contributor

Thanks a lot

0 Kudos
DanPatterson_Retired
MVP Emeritus

Portal for ArcGIS is better than GIS... I moved it there.  GIS is far too generic and rather than languishing, it will get buried in all the other mis-directed questions

0 Kudos
GhofranSamir
New Contributor

Thanks a lot , it's my first time on GeoNet , and i don't know the best way to post my question .

Thank you for redirecting me for the right place

0 Kudos
AbhishekRathi1
Occasional Contributor
0 Kudos
GennadyOster
New Contributor II

Hi Ghofran,

The first problem is not the Portal issue, but rather the system.

You have two options:

1. If this portal is only for testing, you may add FQDN to the hosts file like in the following string:

10.1.1.5     portal.domain.com

and then distribute this file to all machines taking part in your test.

2. If the portal will be accessed from the large number of clients, ask your IT to add your machine to domain zone in your DNS.

You may also need to add domain suffix to the IP configuration on your portal machine.

Anyway, it would be a good idea to consult with your IT manager.

When you will configure the Web Adapter, think the second problem also will gone.

Regards,

Gennady

VaL
by
New Contributor III

Hi all,

I have the second problem with the signing in with the initial account. I see the same picture as the op above.

My firewall is off. Web adapter is configured OK.

What is the problem?

0 Kudos