Cant share item to group

Jump to solution
03-11-2021 11:48 PM
JanineWhittal
New Contributor

I wondering if anyone else has come across this issue before. I'm trying to share an item (web map) to a group, more specifically the Featured Maps and Apps group so that the item can display on the Portal homepage, when I share it is not reflecting on the group at all. I'm using the primary admin user which also owns the item and is the owner of the group but for some reason the sharing to group doesn't work.

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Is the item not showing up on the Portal home page, or not within the group at all?

View solution in original post

ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you create a new group, and share the map to it, then set that group as the one that shows content on the home page?  I'm wondering if there is something off with that default group.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Is the item not showing up on the Portal home page, or not within the group at all?

JanineWhittal
New Contributor

Not showing in the group or home page despite ticking the group when updating the sharing.

0 Kudos
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

Can you create a new group, and share the map to it, then set that group as the one that shows content on the home page?  I'm wondering if there is something off with that default group.

Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor

I am having a similar issue. I have created a new group and there is 1 map & app I specifically need in it and it does not show up as an option. 

0 Kudos