Select to view content in your preferred language

Call out text disappears when trying to label off of the map

05-11-2023 07:33 PM
Labels (1)
ClaireBSimmerman
New Contributor

hi everyone, 

I am trying to manually label the different watersheds (polygons) with call out labels, and placing the text off of the main map because you can't read anything when its on top of the map, plus its already really busy as it is. I want to have the text of the labels to the side of the map, adjacent to the polygon with the leader pointing/calling out to the corresponding polygon. When I try to do this, I can only see the text label when it is on the main part of the map, and when I move the text box to the side of the map to the white background I can only see the text when I have the text box clicked. When I move the textbox from the map to the adjacent area and release, it disappears. I've tried bringing the label to the front, I've tried different fonts, etc. and I cannot figure out how to be able to label the polygons in the way that I would like. Please see the attached images. I really hope someone has run into this issue before...

Thanks

call out text visible when on main mapcall out text visible when on main mapmoving the label off of the main map shows the text box when clickedmoving the label off of the main map shows the text box when clickedwhen text box is released/unclicked the text disappearswhen text box is released/unclicked the text disappears

0 Kudos
0 Replies