assign username and password to published map services

Jump to solution
05-19-2021 09:05 AM
ADITYAKUMAR1
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

I have map services published on  federate ArcGIS Server and Portal for ArcGIS.. I want to secure the map services by assigning username and password to them. If I go to ArcGIS Server I am getting the message "The user store is managed by Portal for ArcGIS. To view and modify users, log in to your portal."

ADITYAKUMAR1_0-1621440280910.png

Any idea how to assign username and password to Mapservice using Portal for ArcGIS.

Thanks

Aditya

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The account used to sign into Portal when publishing is used to secure it in both Portal and ArcGIS Server.  There isn't a way to assign an additional username / password to a service.  The ownership of that service can be transferred to a different user, if there are certain credentials that need to be used to access it, but only a single user can own a service.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

The account used to sign into Portal when publishing is used to secure it in both Portal and ArcGIS Server.  There isn't a way to assign an additional username / password to a service.  The ownership of that service can be transferred to a different user, if there are certain credentials that need to be used to access it, but only a single user can own a service.