Select to view content in your preferred language

ArcGIS Portal (10.9.1) Banner Not loading after Recent Chrome Update

Jump to solution
07-25-2024 12:09 PM
BillMoody
New Contributor III

Hello.  After a recent update to Chrome browser, the banner on our ArcGIS Portal is no longer displaying any text.  This is the area at the top of the screen with options to navigate to content, organization, map, scene, notebook etc.  I just have a blank bar with no text and no links

Two of my colleages who were not  having the issue updated Chrome to version 127.0.6533.73 and then the problem showed up for them.  ANy help is appreciated

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
9 Replies
lah
by
Occasional Contributor
MichaelJenkins
Occasional Contributor III

If you were unaware of this issue, be sure to sign up for the ArcGIS Enterprise Blog or other announcemnt lists from Esri.    They did a pretty good job with knowing this was coming.  Impact of Google Chrome and Microsoft Edge 127 updates on ArcGIS Enterprise (esri.com)  

GISP
gcromley
New Contributor II
Greetings,
Esri has released a Patch
https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/impact-of-google-chrome-and-microsoft-edge-127-updates...
If you update to Enterprise 11.3 you shouldn't have the problem.
MichaelLev
Regular Contributor

Thanks. I also encountered this problem (by the way, Firefox still works), and how it'll be solve after patch is installed.

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

I would like to know if you get your issue resolved?  I'm on 10.9.1 and is having issue with Chrome Version 127.0.6533.120 displaying the global navigation bar even after applied the patch.  No issue with Edge.  People at work use Edge & Chrome, so I just want to resolve the issue with the Chrome.

0 Kudos
BillMoody
New Contributor III

This did resolve my issue.  I had to apply an addiional required patch, prior to installing the one that fixed Chrome.  But it should have given you a warning and stopped the install if this was the case on your end.  

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

Thank you, Bill.  I reapplied the patch again on and it resolved the issue.

0 Kudos
Thomas_Puthusserry
Occasional Contributor

I have same version of Chrome and Enterprise 11.1. It works fine. Did you clear the cache ( we did have issues for some users)?

0 Kudos
Pei-SanTsai
New Contributor III

Yes, I did clear the cache.  I actually re-applied the patch last night and it resolved the issue. 

0 Kudos