ArcGIS Portal 10.5.1 - Using ArcGIS Online Utility Services - Credit Budgeting

07-31-2017 09:38 PM
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

Hi there

I have configured an ArcGIS Enterprise 

Everything is working as expected. -However  I have configured the Utility Services (redacted Username/Password)

I have enabled credit budgeting for the user account - and I did some test services. (Geocoding, Buffer etc...)

- This consumed all of their credits - but I found that once the credit limit was gone over. I could still use these services

I got emails from Esri saying that I have gone over the Credit Limit, 

Has anyone else come across this?

The ArcGIS Online user is an Administrator if that helps

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Always try keeping an estimation of the number of service credits to be consumed from the use of capabilities ArcGIS Online | Service Credits .

There should not be a problem in using/querying the geocoded addresses, but cannot add new geocode until the service credits are replenished in the ArcGIS Online Organizational Account. In short you won't be able to execute any capability that consumes service credits.

Think Location
0 Kudos
JohnPlunkett
Esri Contributor

HI there

Yes the exisitng service is still there and accessible.

However if I attempt to do further processes that consume credits (Buffer, Drive time etc..) - even though my users credit budget has been reached I am able to do so. (My Org still has ArcGIS Service Credits availble)

0 Kudos
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Sounds a little buggy. Is it consuming further credits from the Organization's available credits?
You might like to log a case with Esri regarding this.

Think Location