ArcGIS Enterprise upgrade to 10.5.1 - Relational/managed/hosting data store database not validating

09-08-2017 10:39 AM
James_Whitacre
Occasional Contributor

I have upgrade ArcGIS Enterprise form 10.5 to 10.5.1 following the established steps in the documentation (Upgrade Portal for ArcGIS—Portal for ArcGIS (10.5.x) | ArcGIS Enterprise). However, after upgrading the data store, I am unable to validate the server and in the server administrator, the tile cache data store is validated, but not the managed database (i.e. relational).

In Portal when I go to Org > Edit Setting > Servers, the hosting server does not validate and I get this error: 

ArcGIS Server administration URL 'https://lib-gis-server.library.illinois.edu/arcgis' is accessible. Validating hosting server. ArcGIS Server 'https://lib-gis-server.library.illinois.edu/arcgis' version matches with Portal for ArcGIS. Error: Failed to validate the server managed database '/enterpriseDatabases/AGSDataStore_ds_qcne02dh'.

I have investigated logs on the windows server machine and the PostgreSQL gets a rapid shutdown command and provides no error codes (the code ID is '0' severity error).

What is also weird, though, is that all feature, image, and scene services currently seem to be working properly.

NOTE: We have also recently updated our licensing and this could be an issue. We are actively investigating that, but we are unsure at this time.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JonathanQuinn
Esri Notable Contributor

Are there any logs you can look at?  You can try to unregister the relational Data Store and then register it again using the registerdatastore utility.  That will preserve the data in the Data Store that's already published and preserve the connections the services have to the data.

TonyJoseph
New Contributor II

Hi, I also have this problem upgrading from 10.5 to 10.5.1 - Data Store for Managed is not validating (only Tile). How did you fix this?

Without Data Store validated for both Managed and Tile ... you can't Federate ArcGIS Server with Portal. 

0 Kudos