Annotation exporting outside data frame V10

05-12-2011 07:31 AM
AustinStreetman
New Contributor III
Running ArcGIS 10 SP2, when I export to PDF, annotation from a V9.3 file Geodatabase shows up in the margins of the map, outside of the data frame.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
63 Replies
JohnMacdonald1
New Contributor
Just went through the upgrade to 10.2 and it does appear to have solved the problem, for now. I'll keep my fingers crossed!
We are running Windows 7 SP1 also.

I hear what you're saying re: transparency. It's too bad so many people have to go through so much frustration and lost productivity over these issues.

Appreciate all the feed back, hope you enjoy some trouble free ESRI use in the future!
0 Kudos
RachelFrischeisen
New Contributor III
A few of the previously posted work-arounds seemed to work for some people but not all - just wanted to contribute what we found to be the issue in our case.

We are at 10.0.5 and while labels (not annotation as some have described) appeared to be confined to the data frame while in layout view, printing from ArcGIS and exporting to PDF resulted in the labels beyond the data frame. The issue was occurring only one when labeling one layer in particular and only when the data frame had a rotation applied.

After digging around in the Label Placement Properties dialog box, we found that having the "Never remove (allow overlap)" box checked on will cause the labels to go beyond the data frame. Again, this only happens when rotation is anything other than 0.

TL;DR - Uncheck this box.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]31241[/ATTACH]

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
JohnMacdonald1
New Contributor
That's good to know.

We still haven't encountered this bug since uprading to 10.2.
0 Kudos
ShaunConway
Occasional Contributor II
Thanks Rachel! Very helpful for those of us still at 10.0.5!
0 Kudos