Annotation exporting outside data frame V10

05-12-2011 07:31 AM
AustinStreetman
New Contributor III
Running ArcGIS 10 SP2, when I export to PDF, annotation from a V9.3 file Geodatabase shows up in the margins of the map, outside of the data frame.
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
63 Replies
IrisProphet
New Contributor
Well, I'm glad to hear that others are having this problem, too!  I am similarly afflicted.
0 Kudos
TheresaValentine
New Contributor II
I fixed it by creating a shapefile polygon of the extent of the data frame...
then I used it to select by location for my annotation. Once I had the annotation that was completely within the polygon, I right clicked on the annotation, select, then saved selected features as a layer file.  I then turned off the original annotation, and used the selected annotation.

worked like a charm, but sure hope they fix this bug.  this has cost me on a map publication time-line.
0 Kudos
RyanLiddell
New Contributor
Our shop experienced the problem of labels (not annotation) showing up outside of the data frame after exporting. This is definitely a "high" severity problem -- we reverted back to pre-SP2 and will wait until a patch comes out before installing SP2 again.
0 Kudos
StaceyCorbett
New Contributor
Any word on when this bug will be fixed? It is affecting all of my DDP projects and regular map layouts.
I do have work-arounds for now but I can't very well go around to each of the users here and explain the extra work they need to do in order to get the functionality to work.
Thanks 🙂
Stacey
0 Kudos
marieducharme
Occasional Contributor
Hello All,

I was experiencing the same issue.Some annotation layers (created in pre v10 gdb) were showing up outside the dataframe. I foud a possible work-around:

I just tried using print to pdf using Primo pdf to create the pdf and it  has solved the problem for me.

(The polygon in the layout view polygon did not work for me as I wanted the grid associated with my data frame to show up and it was being masked by the dougnhut.)

Hope this helps!

Marishka
0 Kudos
ChrisCastillo
New Contributor
Service Pack 3 solves the annotation layer labeling outside layout frame...
0 Kudos
AndyVenuto1
New Contributor II
Just installed SP3. Problem still persists.
0 Kudos
MarkMcGovern
New Contributor II
I'd never noticed this issue prior to loading SP3 last week but just exported 36 pages to PDF and just about every page had annotation and in some case point elements outside data frame. I just used CutePDF and it wasn't a problem.
Mark
0 Kudos
ForrestEnglish
New Contributor III
I just installed SP3, and started having this problem.  For me the annotation is even popping out through a doughnut shape.
0 Kudos
MarkMcGovern
New Contributor II
I'd never noticed this issue prior to loading SP3 last week but just exported 36 pages to PDF and just about every page had annotation and in some case point elements outside data frame. I just used CutePDF and it wasn't a problem.
Mark

Further to this issue the data driven set that I exported has data frames rotated to an angle from a field value but this wasn't an issue in the past. I haven't noticed any problems where there hasn't been a rotation but have yet to test with SP3.
Mark
0 Kudos