Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding auxilary information to mosaick or image collection

01-06-2023 06:32 AM
Labels (1)
TomGeo
by
Frequent Contributor

I have the issue that information from a colormap file are simply ignored in our 10.9 portal.

Creating either a mosaick or an image collection, I can provide a colormap file during the setup.

TomGeo_0-1673013851964.png

When I click in the checkbox a 'File upload' dialog opens and I select my clr file. However, the checkbox never gets 'checked' and when the imagery layer is created, the colormap is never used.
Instead, the imagery layer comes with a grayscale stretch, and styling the layer inside the portal is, at least in 10.9, not really possible. Styling imagery layers in 10.9 is/was also beta functionality...

There is also the range of pixel values shown in the Map Viewer that puzzles me. The stretch goes from 0 - 255, while the pixel values only are 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, 80, 90, 95, and 100.

ArcGIS Pro does understand the colormap when adding a single TIF file, but the portal does not use the information.

When I select 'Unique values' as symbology type in ArcGIS Pro then a raster attribute table needs to be created and thereafter all the non-existing pixel values do disappear from the legend. In addition I can label the different classes.

Initially, I started with a colormap syntax like this one:

10 0 100 0 255 Tree cover

Looking at https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/raster-functions/colormap-function.htm

I threw the last two values over board and ended up with

10 0 100 0

But the colormap I created should also not be necessary, since the colormap is already encoded in all the TIF files I am using for the imagery layer. -> Not regarded!

Is that a problem that was solved in portal version 11.*?

- We are living in the 21st century.
GIS moved on and nobody needs a format consisting out of at least three files! No, nobody needs shapefiles, not even for the sake of an exchange format. Folks, use GeoPackage to exchange data with other GIS!
0 Kudos
0 Replies