Select to view content in your preferred language

Adding arcgis.com item to local geoportal site

Jump to solution
01-31-2024 08:18 PM
yockee
by
Occasional Contributor II

I am currently making a Site on my local Geoportal.

I want to add an item from Arcgis.com to be put into my local Geoportal. I do not know the correct way of doing it. For the moment, here are some steps i have taken:

1. Add the item from arcgis.com as local Applications on my local Geoportal (I make 2 applications: Web Mapping and Other Application). 

2. Add those items as Galery and I-Frame on my Geoportal Site.

3. Add another external website (i use www. spatial.com) to I-Frame.

The address for the site is: https://www.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/56xyzbxyzxyzxya7

Then I publish it.

Now the testing begins. The results are:

1. IFrame can not contain the items from my local Geoportal. It says "the item xyzxyzx can not be found. The item may have been deleted or you may have entered an incorrect URL."

2. IFrame can display the external link from www.spatial.com (the DDS Spatial website)

3. For the Galery items:

a. if it comes from Web Mapping Application, it can not be displayed. It ill show the same error : "the item xyz can not be found..."

b. if it comes from Other Application, then it will succesfully display the external apps although I have to access the local Geoportal and klik on the link. It is rather indirectly linked to the arcgis.com

I want to use IFrame and be directly able to display the preview on the Geoportal Site, like the picture below the part on the right, the DDS website.

yockee_0-1706760830576.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
yockee
by

Finally, I found out. It can be done by shortening the URL and put the shortened URL to the iFrame. I don't know why this work. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
yockee
by

Finally, I found out. It can be done by shortening the URL and put the shortened URL to the iFrame. I don't know why this work. 

0 Kudos