Add field to feature service

12-10-2018 07:17 AM
Lars_EngelsbyMosbech
New Contributor II

Hi,

I have published a Feature Service to the Portal in Enterprise. We recently updated the datamodel by adding a new field.

I have made an Overwrite of the existing service from ArcMap with the new datamodel.

The issue is that the service is added in a lot of webmaps for different users and we want the new field to be visible for them all. But when i go into configuration of the pop-up box, it dosent show me the new field in the list. Usually i would think "OK, i will just remove the old version of the service and add the new one and apply the webmap configurations like style, Pop up, labels etc." as the webmap seems to have saved the original datamodel.  But in this case we are having alot of webmaps that rely on this service..

Does anyone have an idea on how to solve this? I guess Python would be quite complicated as well for this specific task,,

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JakeSkinner
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Lars,

After you configure the desired pop-up in one of the web maps, you can choose the option Save Layer.  This will save the layer's pop-up configuration, symbology, etc.  Unfortunately, you will still have to remove and re-add the layer to other web maps, but you won't have to go through the steps of re-configuring the pop-up, symbology, etc.

0 Kudos
Lars_EngelsbyMosbech
New Contributor II

Hi JAke,

Thanks for quick response. My pop-ups and styling is unfortunately different from webmap to webmap, so i guess its just to sit down for a long night with a lot of coffee and begin to update it manually :-S 🙂 

0 Kudos