Select to view content in your preferred language

11.3 Portal Upgrade issue

3 weeks ago
danbecker
Regular Contributor

after updating all Enterprise components from 11.1 to 11.3 I'm seeing this in the Portal logs. 

Error before stopping configuration observer. C:\arcgisportal\content\items\portal\portal-config.properties (The system cannot find the path specified)

What's odd is that our content directory is: E:\arcgisportal\content

And, "portal-config.properties" file is missing from both C: and E:

When the upgrade was progressing through steps 1-7 initially it failed, because of a disk space issue. After that was increased, Retry upgrade worked without issue. 

The map viewer is missing all the layers, and details on the left-hand pane also. Otherwise, everything seems to be working fine. License.json imported from My ESRI, no other issues; all Enterprise components successfully updated. 

Capture.PNG

Help, please! 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

There may be an easy answer for you, but I don't have it.

I did want to mention though that I had a similar issue with a previous upgrade (several years/versions ago). After I realized what happened, we ended up rolling back the server, adding space, and trying again. Someone else may have different advice for you that may be a simpler solution, but in my case, a server restore was the best option.

0 Kudos
danbecker
Regular Contributor

Fortunately, this was just cached browser data causing the issue! I initially cleared Edge cache from "Last 7 days" selected, but I tried "All Time" when clearing it this time, and it's working great now! 

Phew... didn't want to deal with this on a Fri evening.

abureaux
MVP Regular Contributor

Great news! (Don't forget to mark your response as the Solution)

I sometimes forget that is a thing for people because I both do that so often, and try to have everything auto-clear upon browser shutdown.

0 Kudos