Public Operations Dashboard prompts login

Jump to solution
03-14-2020 06:27 PM
JonathanFleming
New Contributor III

I have an operations dashboard shared publicly (everyone), the webmap and layers in the dashboard are also shared pubicly, and anonymous access is enabled for our organization.  Everytime I go to the short URL (or the long URL as per instructions on this site and elsewhere with organizational url OR basic arcgis.com url) it prompts with a weird popup that says "please sign in to ArcGIS Online."  The options are "OK" and "Cancel".  If I click Cancel it pops up again (after actually loading part of the dashboard), and then when I click "Cancel" a second time the dashboard loads as it should.  OR I can click "OK" and a new window will open prompting a log-in through our organizational page.  If I share this as-is a lot of people are going to be confused by the login prompt.  Assistance appreciated.

ArcGIS Web Application 

or

Operations Dashboard for ArcGIS (short URL)

UPDATE:  Still had a layer that was subscriber content that I didn't have permisson to share publicly.  Fixed by removing that layer.  Also decided to just go with the web mapping app (dashboard theme) instead of operations dashboard because I found it to be more flexible for my current needs.  https://samford.maps.arcgis.com/apps/webappviewer/index.html?id=5d07a1a339d841c2b1b72eeec2051781 

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BenTurrell
Occasional Contributor III

Hey Jonathan Fleming‌,

I'm wondering if you have a cached version? When I tried both of your links it went straight through with no prompts for credentials.

Sometimes I have found if I share an app and don't share all the data, when I share all the underlying data it caches the original connection and so I have to clear my cache or try from a different machine.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
BenTurrell

Hey Jonathan Fleming‌,

I'm wondering if you have a cached version? When I tried both of your links it went straight through with no prompts for credentials.

Sometimes I have found if I share an app and don't share all the data, when I share all the underlying data it caches the original connection and so I have to clear my cache or try from a different machine.

Thanks,

Ben

If this answer was helpful please mark it as helpful. If this answer solved your question please mark it as the answer to help others who have the same question.

JonathanFleming
New Contributor III

Thanks Ben.  Meant to update my post earlier; turns out I was using a filter on the non-generalized U.S. States feature service which is 'subscriber' content that was causing the public permissions issue.  When I removed that and used my own source it worked fine.  Still weird behavior, but at least it's working now.

0 Kudos
BenTurrell

Jonathan Fleming

Glad my response helped out. Feel free to @ me in any future questions you have about this sort of thing. If I helped out could you please go to my profile and mark up my skills (https://community.esri.com/people/bturrellesriaustralia-com-au-esridist) or give me a follow!

Thanks,

Ben

ShaneMiles
Esri Contributor

Hi Jonathan Fleming‌, 

Ben Turrell both worked straight away for me also. 

Shane