Hi all, I have a dashboard that displays two datasets: one is a dataset with about 40,000 points and another is a polygon dataset that contains about 65 circular 14-mile buffers. The dashboard has a series of filters that filter by attribute and then there's one "spatial filter" to narrow the points to those in a chosen buffer. There's a "list" widget, a pie chart widget and then an indicator widget that populates based on the filters to display information about the points currently on the map. Using the new data export functionality added in the September ArcGIS Online update the data does not line up between export and what's displayed in the dashboard, either on the map or in the widgets when we use the buffer spatial filter.
This issue appears to happen only when the spatial filter is applied. For example I tried a test where the dashboard and map displayed 173 unique points but there were 178 unique entries in the export. I determined that the extra 5 points were all outside of the spatial filter, no intersection and the largest distance was at least 2.5 miles away. Is this a bug or has someone else run into this?
I'm frustrated because of the level of anticipation on this functionality, if I can't get this figured out we are probably going to abandon the dashboard. I work for a food bank, we are using this to determine clients for home delivery by food delivery services -- the export functionality is necessary to take the next step and make it an actionable interface.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance for any help--
Sorry to hear about this problem. We are looking into it.
If you are able to share them, it would be helpful to have access to the dashboard and/or layer(s). You could do that here or by logging the bug with Esri Support (which would also help us track it better and get additional details that may be necessary). If the data cannot be shared, Support can work to replicate the issue with other data and get it sent to the right team.
@AMoyers, thank you for reporting this. It was found to be working as designed: when using spatial filters based on a polygon, the CSV will include features intersecting the envelope (i.e., rectangle around it). We plan to work toward improving this in the future.
If exact results are required, as a workaround we suggest using attribute-based filtering. Having common identifier fields across layers will allow you to set this up.
All the best,