Category selector zoom on the map

Jump to solution
04-05-2020 07:51 PM
AnuSawant
Occasional Contributor II

Hi there,

I am trying to use different category selectors to search for values. My expectation is once I have selected value in category selector on a map it should pan to the relevant location and then zoom into the detail so I can view the feature.  After I have changed the settings on Category selector and Map I cant achieve the accurate result.

My question is what I am looking is it not possible with Category selector or I am missing anything?

Thanks,

Anu

0 Kudos
22 Replies
NaVdg
by
New Contributor

Not sure if there is already a proper solution, but what works for me is to set the category selector first to "Features" option, set a "Zoom" action for the map, and then change to the "Grouped values" option.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

I found a temporary work around friends! I think it's probably a glitch but in short:

1. Temporarily make the category selector filter from features instead of grouped values.
  2. In actions, add the zoom action like Derek showed in the picture in reply to OP.
  3. Exit the tool, use the selector really quick to filter to a single point.
  4. Reconfigure the category selector, except now change the "Categories from" to "Grouped values"
  5. Look at the action menu again, you will see the zoom action was left in after switching (please see attached pictures to this post) .

From the little testing I have done, it seems to work exactly how we would like it to. If it does not work for people here, I can make the dashboard I'm using public, but give this a shot first. 

GisAdminCOG
New Contributor II

Very nice! I was able to test this in ArcGIS Online with a registered feature service from our Enterprise GIS Server.  Worked great.  Couldn't get it to work on our 8.1 Portal environment, however.  

0 Kudos
Cyprus_Forest_Department
Occasional Contributor

You're the man!

0 Kudos
BennyG
by
New Contributor

Unfortunately, I think they finally fixed this glitch 😞
https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/ops-dashboard/announcements/whats-new-in-arcgis-dashboards...

I've tried today, to do what I know has worked for me in the past, by first selecting 'Categories from Features'
and selecting Zoom and Pan options,    then changing to 'Categories from Grouped Values'

But Zoom and Pan options now disappear from Actions  when changing back to 'Grouped Values'

anyone got any other tricks?

Anneka_France
Occasional Contributor III

Workaround isn't working for me either... 
@DerekLaw why can't you pan or zoom to for grouped values in the new ArcGIS Dashboards? Seems like very basic functionality... 

Anneka France
Technical Manager at The Rivers Trust
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Anneka_France,

> ... why can't you pan or zoom to for grouped values in the new ArcGIS Dashboards? Seems like very basic functionality... 

Apologies for the late reply. I can't comment on this enhancement, as I don't work on the ArcGIS Dashboards team. I moved to a different team about a year ago. Sorry.

Please vote for and add comments to this similar submitted enhancement request,
Operations Dashboard: Add "Zoom to" to grouped or fixed values Category Selector

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
CharlesCarlin
New Contributor II

Thanks! I've been banging my head against the wall with this very problem all afternoon.

0 Kudos
ArmstKP
Regular Contributor

This glitch still exists!

0 Kudos
Hayley
by
Occasional Contributor II

Please add this funcationality!!

HL
0 Kudos