Select to view content in your preferred language

Category Selector has "No Targets Defined"

12-13-2019 02:45 AM
SamuelScherer
Emerging Contributor

Hello,

My Dashboard consists of a Map and a Panel on the Left where a category selector is defined.

I'm trying to create a filter that only shows the features on the map from the selected category.

There are 5 possible Values, displayed by a "Grouped Values" button bar.

So for example, when "in Arbeit" is selected (which is german for in progress) i want to only display the point features with the status "in progress" on the map.

However, when trying to define a Filter Action for the map i get the note "No Targets Defined":

I feel like i am missing a very simple step, that i am just too dumb to see. As far as i understand it should be possible to select the map as target here?

Thank you so much for your help!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Samuel,

> However, when trying to define a Filter Action for the map i get the note "No Targets Defined":

Does the map contain feature layers?

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
Emerging Contributor

Yes, it does. It has around 5 feature layers.

For this i am trying to use only one Layer. Of course, would be nice to apply the filter to all layers as they have the same data source.

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Samuel,

Any chance you could share the web map and its contents so I can take a look?

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to answer! 

I'm sorry can't share that as it's sensitive information.

Is what i'm trying to do generally not possible?

0 Kudos
DerekLaw

Hi Samuel,

> Is what i'm trying to do generally not possible?

What you're trying to do should be possible. I suspect something's amiss with your data, but I can't be sure without taking a look. I suggest you contact esri Tech Support so they can help you investigate further. Sorry.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
SamuelScherer
Emerging Contributor

Thank you for your Help!