can Dashboard URL parameter select (not filter) category selector?

Jump to solution
11-26-2019 06:59 AM
ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

I thought I had this working at some point, but I'm not seeing how to do it now and it doesn't seem to be possible. I've set up a URL parameter in my operations dashboard to accept param=MUNICIPALITYNAMEHERE. The only action choice for category parameter is Filter. I can Filter the Category Selector I have in my header which is set to filter all the other widgets and charts to show stats for that municipality. Unfortunately, this is a FILTER on the category selector, so then it will only show that one MUNICIPALITYNAME and the user can't navigate between them. Is there any way to get the URL parameter to not filter, but just select that choice from the category selector so that all the other values remain in the dropdown? I don't see the point of filtering the category selector with the URL parameter, it just limits functionality in the dashboard.

I could configure the URL parameter to filter all the widgets in the dashboard itself, but then the category selector shows the wrong municipality and would confuse the end user.

What I want, all the choices still there:

What I get when I pass param=City of Saline:

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chelsea,

I've checked with the Dev team and the functionality you're asking for is not currently supported by the Action framework in Operations Dashboard.

Can you please post an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Ops Dashboard so we can gauge interest from the community?

Hope this helps,

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DerekLaw
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Chelsea,

I've checked with the Dev team and the functionality you're asking for is not currently supported by the Action framework in Operations Dashboard.

Can you please post an enhancement request on the ArcGIS Ideas site for Ops Dashboard so we can gauge interest from the community?

Hope this helps,

ChelseaRozek
MVP Regular Contributor

Hi Derek, thanks so much for checking with them! I'll make the idea right now

Here's the idea:  Allow Operations Dashboard URL parameter to SELECT... - GeoNet, The Esri Community