Time slider widget for Operations Dashboard

07-17-2018 10:03 AM
NathanKemphues
New Contributor III

Ability to embed a web map in an ArcGIS Operations Dashboard that has a time slider embedded in it.

Joachim Bean

Tags (2)
32 Comments
SueDunham

PLEASE DO THIS!!!!

City_of_LakelandGIS

Could not agree more!

BeckyColwell-Ongenae

Great idea!  I didn't know I wanted it until I needed it, but it would greatly assist my efforts!

MikeKlassen

On Hurricane Michael deployment. Wanted the time slider to show the progression of debris pickups, which has drastically increased in the recent days. Had to end up adding the webmap and hiding it to pull data for the dashboard. Then added a web app to the main view with the time slider enabled. Muddy work around, but it worked. We definitely need this function in dashboards.

JamesDickens1

I agree this is a much-needed feature on the Dashboard. Would also add that it would be nice for the time frame to dynamically change. An example would be that I may want to set up the visual to always show the last hours activity on a loop so each hour it updates the data and shows updated paths/event's 

Amanda__Huber

I also agree this is a much needed functionality in Operations Dashboard for time aware data visualization!

PhilipMarty

And have the time slider control the infographic widgets. That is supported in OD but for some reason isn't in the Web App Builder. I'd love to be able to work with the new dynamic time query layers you can publish out of Pro.

Amanda__Huber

Philip Marty wrote:

"That is supported in OD but for some reason isn't in the Web App Builder."

Hi Philip, 

Can you explain how you we able to get the Time Slider to work with Operations Dashboard? 

Thanks!

PhilipMarty

I'm sorry, I was a little sloppy in my word choice. You can filter time with the button bar at the top and have it manipulate the infographics on the side pane in OD. When you use the time slider in the dashboard themed web app builder, it doesn't manipulate the infographics. That was what I was referring too.

Amanda__Huber

Hi Marty, 

No worries, thanks so much for clarifying!