Sync Colors of Symbology & Graphs in Operations Dashboard

06-30-2014 01:48 PM
GabeDeAlessio
New Contributor II

I built a pie graph (it may be others, I haven't tested more graph types) based on a symbolized domain value.  But there doesn't appear to be a way for the colors of the symbology to be pulled into the chart, which would make it MUCH more visual sense to a viewer.  (Red dots = red slice on graph, blue dots = blue slice, etc.)  ArcMap graphs can sync colors, hopefully this is in the works?  

14 Comments
by Anonymous User

If you don't have a large number of categories, you can configure colors in the dashboard (select a palette first, then tweak specific values if necessary), then apply that symbology to your layer either in the map viewer or the authoring document (arcmap or arcgis pro).

Clunky, but it could work.

RobertoRossi

@patrickb, any news about the ability to automatically assign the colours based on features found in a map layer, matching with the symbology on map? It would be so precious!

Arnaud_Leidgens

Hello,

Any news on this feature ? This is very tedious to assign the same color manually when you have a lot of categories. Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Arnaud

MattCarocci

I'm in the process of replacing around 14 Applications built in the App Builder because of its imminent retirement. I work for a fruit company and I track numerous varieties of fruit, all which have unique symbology already created within our AGOL maps. Has anyone found a workaround for transferring the map symbology into the pie chart within Dashboards?