Web Map Layer Filter by Logged User

11-25-2018 05:22 AM
Highlighted
New Contributor III

I need to create a workflow for Collector in which different users work with the same map but when they open it they only see the content that is relevant to them.

I thought about incorporating a username field into the table and then using it as a #filter‌‌.

It is possible to generate this filter (possibly through AGOL Assistant) to take into account this dynamic value?

Thanks.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Javier,

> .... different users work with the same map but when they open it they only see the content that is relevant to them.

FYI, on the feature layer's Item Details page > Settings tab > Editing - you can select the option for Editors to only see their own features.

Another option to look into, you could try leveraging a feature layer view,

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | ArcGIS 

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos
Highlighted
New Contributor III

Hi Derek,

I am currently trying to do this same thing. I have several pre-built features that I want field crews to be able to edit/update in Collector, but I need to restrict them to only edit and view the ones they are assigned. 

Is it possible to transfer the "owner" of a pre-created feature to a certain editor so as to then allow the editor to see it? I know the creator field is uneditable. 

Thanks!

Nate

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Esri Esteemed Contributor

Hi Nathan,

> I have several pre-built features that I want field crews to be able to edit/update in Collector, but I need to restrict them to only edit and view the ones they are assigned. 

Please take a look at using feature layer views, this might meet your needs,

Create hosted feature layer views—ArcGIS Online Help | Documentation 

> Is it possible to transfer the "owner" of a pre-created feature to a certain editor so as to then allow the editor to see it?

No, this is not supported.

Hope this helps,

0 Kudos