Offline Map Areas - Collector

12-20-2018 08:00 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello,

I am trying to download two areas for offline use in the new Collector (formally known as Aurora), I have two question regarding this topic.

1. How can I have offline areas downloaded to my device and still use the enter map if I have service and choose to. For example, an Inspector is out in the field visiting a location that was downloaded to the device for use offline, after collecting the inspector moves onto a new location, how can that inspector access the entire map on collector even when there are offline areas downloaded?

2. On AGOL on my computer, in the settings tab for my map used in Collector, In the Offline tab there is a section labeled "Map Areas" the description says that this is where you can create offline areas on the computer and these areas will be pushed out to the devices using the map. I have created two areas and waited all night for them to "package". I come to work this morning and open collector on my iPad only to find the two areas are still "generating" on my device. My question is, does this feature actually work? Has anyone else been able to use it? 

Thanks

30 Replies
JacquieKovarik
New Contributor III

Kylie Donia Yes, that's the correct one. Thank you!

0 Kudos